Third SpongeBob movie “a good bet”

cwn

Porous Freak
Yeah, well, I'm out of ideas for a movie. They should really focus more on the show than movies though. The more ideas they use for movies, the less ideas there are for episodes, and that increases the chances of a show getting cancelled.
I don't think it works that way. After all, you can come up with thousands of ideas before literally running out of ideas. Besides, movies take a while and show that Spongebob is still popular and a good way to make money. And if they can make money, the show will last as long as possible. Still, I believe that they should still make at least 5 years-worth of episodes before taking another hiatus to make a third movie.

Kukimao

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Old Man Leeroy Jenkins said:
I think it should be a story where SpongeBob and the gang go down a toilet.
Elvitte%20a%20v%C3%ADz%20(2006).jpg

It's been done. Surprisingly.

Supmandude

Squog
Old Man Leeroy Jenkins said:
Yeah, well, I'm out of ideas for a movie. They should really focus more on the show than movies though. The more ideas they use for movies, the less ideas there are for episodes, and that increases the chances of a show getting cancelled.
Nah man, that doesn't make much sense. They're more used to coming up with small ideas to fit little 11 minute shorts. It's a lot harder to come up with a feature length plot and there are tons of ideas for movies they can make that would never work for episodes.

Spongy272

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I'm pretty sure that they will be focusing on the shows first and then release it during summer vacation.or if not earlier. Its not like theyre automatically gonna start with the 3rd movie. and even if they did.so what?Both of spongebob's film has been amazing and there are a MILLION AND everlasting ideas for both the show and the movie. So I honestly believe that the 3rd movie will be SPECTACULAR .And with stephen hillenburg on board. who knows what can happen :)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Some things that worry me about a potential 3rd movie:
  • We only just had a big hiatus from the show and I don't want another one yet. Even worse than a hiatus would be if Paramount was so desperate for a 3rd movie as well as new episodes that they handed over the movie job to a completely different crew to the series.
  • I'm scared that Paramount will see how well promoting the CG worked and insist on the next movie being completely CG.
  • Like The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, I don't think Sponge Out of Water needs an actual sequel. Maybe they could do another stand-alone movie in the future but I don't want another movie with the superhero characters, especially since critics universally agreed that the live-action/CG hybrid portion was the weakest part of the movie.
  • I don't think Paramount should get ahead of themselves and over-saturate (ha) the box office with SpongeBob. Sponge Out of Water is a bit of a novelty because it came so long after the first movie and people were interested to see a new SpongeBob thing. I doubt a new movie so soon would have anywhere near the same draw. If they really want more movies they should aim for occasional, solid hits, quality over quantity, when the creative team feel ready.

11th

Moby Dollar
Nope. Not really excited about this, though it was bound to come up regardless of what actually happens in the future.

Give it a while, at least. If the crew comes up with another idea that they're confident in and comfortable with I'll be much more okay with it, but at this point I'm just worrying that the execs are going to push for it and it won't be as enjoyable for production or the audience. I was actually really impressed and glad with how long Mr. Hillenburg and co. were able to resist being pushed into another movie.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
My reaction to this news (no traditional animation if a 3rd movie gets made):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNH52UrQdME

Not happy with Viacom or Paramount right now.

Supmandude

Squog
Anyone think he's joking? I hope so, but I dunno. The traditionally animated parts were critically the most well received and I think it'd actually be smart for Paramout to take a risk and make it all traditional animation and advertise it accurately.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Supmandude said:
Anyone think he's joking? I hope so, but I dunno. The traditionally animated parts were critically the most well received and I think it'd actually be smart for Paramout to take a risk and make it all traditional animation and advertise it accurately.
I'm PRAYING that he is joking about this. I like the traditional animation in the movies and not having it in the SpongeBob movies kind of ruins the novelty that they have. I mean, I'm okay if it's all different animation for 30 minutes like It's A SpongeBob Christmas as long as it knows what it's parodying (in this case, stop-motion animated Christmas specials), but I don't think having an entire film in a different animation seems right.

WhoWantsStancakes

If this is true, I will start screaming various swears obnoxiously loud.

:dolphinnoise: :dolphinnoise: :dolphinnoise: :dolphinnoise:

I don't know if that guy is the real Vincent Waller...I mean, don't trust everyone who says they are x online. Remember the story of the gullible on the ceiling? No, ok I'll give you a reminder.

Once there was a person who told another person that the word "gullible" was on the ceiling.
The other man looked up.
As it turns out, the word gullible was on the ceiling.
But in the time he noticed that, the other person stole his lungs.

Here is a video of the story in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozcwnai1wUU

Okay, that asdf skit really had nothing to do with anything. But still, how do we now that guy is the real Vincent Waller? I dunno. And if he is, maybe he's just trolling with us to get us all riled up only to tell that he was screwing with us. I hope he is if that is him.

Supmandude said:
What do you guys think the plot should be this time? I think it should be about Squidward abuse.
Make The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 3: Pineapple Fever: Eight Days in regular 2D animation and then I will be happy.

Supmandude

Squog
I don't know if that guy is the real Vincent Waller...I mean, don't trust everyone who says they are x online. Remember the story of the gullible on the ceiling? No, ok I'll give you a reminder.

Once there was a person who told another person that the word "gullible" was on the ceiling.
The other man looked up.
As it turns out, the word gullible was on the ceiling.
But in the time he noticed that, the other person stole his lungs.

Here is a video of the story in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozcwnai1wUU

Okay, that asdf skit really had nothing to do with anything. But still, how do we now that guy is the real Vincent Waller? I dunno. And if he is, maybe he's just trolling with us to get us all riled up only to tell that he was screwing with us. I hope he is if that is him.

A lot of people on ToonZone are verified in some way, I think. I'm pretty sure it's him.

Back