Third SpongeBob movie “a good bet”

TheuglyBarnacle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I think it would be great. Maybe not now, like in 5 or 7 years, but I would still love to see it. The only fear I have is that they will make the entire movie CGI.

Edit: It says on the Wikipedia page that there is a chance of a sequel.

kev

innit
If they DO make a third movie, DONT MAKE THEM GO ON LAND AGAIN! Having the climax on land is so formulaic. If the story for the third movie is great, yay.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
I can imagine the SpongeBob crew sighing after Paramount approached them and broke the news to them.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
Considering a second movie made me grin through the whole thing, and upcoming DVD release of "Race For You Life, Charlie Brown" (comes out tomorrow! :D ) made me scream with joy, I'm not sure what a 3rd movie would do to me.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
If they DO make a third movie, DONT MAKE THEM GO ON LAND AGAIN! Having the climax on land is so formulaic. If the story for the third movie is great, yay.
Plot: When the secret formula goes missing, the SpongeBob gang must go on land and befriend some average humans to find it. Filled with childish humour, awfully annoying songs, unnecessary new characters, this film screams "We don't care about the plot as long as it makes us lots lf money!!!!"

ScumBob

sicko m0de
SBRoxMan said:
Plot: When the secret formula goes missing, the SpongeBob gang must go on land and befriend some average humans to find it. Filled with childish humour, awfully annoying songs, unnecessary new characters, this film screams "We don't care about the plot as long as it makes us lots lf money!!!!"
Something tells me you didn't like the second film.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
katnisslovestacos said:
An idea: crossover with the Smurfs or the Chipmunks :sbface:
NO GOD NO :PATGROSS:

if they did the CG Chipmunks from the upcoming TV show though, it might work :druggedkrabs:

227936_std.jpg

TheuglyBarnacle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Spongefan511 said:
That seems unlikely. :huh:
I don't know. I feel like the reason why the studio let them put the CGI at the end only is to test it out. Maybe if they feel it works, that is what will happen. I don't think it will happen, it's just a fear.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
SpongeCob said:
Something tells me you didn't like the second film.
I haven't even seen it yet :P and from what I hear about it, I'm sure I'll love it

I was more poking fun at how most live-action/animation hybrid movies have the cartoon characters enter some big city and befriend a human, like the Smurfs movie

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Spongefan511 said:
That sounds disgusting. =P
Yeah, well, I'm out of ideas for a movie. They should really focus more on the show than movies though. The more ideas they use for movies, the less ideas there are for episodes, and that increases the chances of a show getting cancelled.

Back