SpongeBob SquarePants nominated for Emmy Award

baba_944

Moby Dollar
That ticked me off that "Robot Chicken" won instead of "Steven Universe" and "Adventure Time". I can't stand what television has become: over-saturated with drama, sex, gore and killing. I want television shows that actually teaches your morals and life lessons. For the kids, sure it's nice to have violence, however, have some episodes that teaches them a lesson. For adult shows, have shows that adults can relate to (there's none of that now as far as I know). Same thing for teens.

"Hall of Egress" and "The Answer" has some fantastic moral (former is up for debate, however I think the latter is more transparent).

"Hall Of Egress": This episodes teaches you to just take your time with whatever problem your facing and tackle it from a strategic standpoint. Finn initially was trying to blaze through the maze instead of stopping and thinking. That failed. Finn tried multiple solutions and they all ended up a failure. That part also proves that not everything you do to fix/alleviate is a success. Finn also showed that it;s OK to give up and try again later. And finally, Bubblegum's quote at the end: "Hurry, Finn. At the seashell's center lies the cornucopia's smallest door". While I can't tackle the quote in it's entirety (I don't know about the seashell part), I can tackle the cornucopia part.

A cornucopia's essentially a horn that houses fruits. And, as you probably have known, fruits are used to represent benefits i.e "fruits of labor" = good/benefits of labor. The smallest door represents a small victory/accomplishment. So basically that portion of the quote is saying that no matter what type of severity the problem is, you can always find pleasure in overcoming the problem, no matter how small or big.

"The Answer" theme is blatantly obvious as it's stated at the end: love.

I'm sorry but there's something seriously wrong with television nowadays if "Robot Chicken" beats two highly well-written episodes. I don't see how "Robot Chicken" has so many accolades for its "humor" and "cleverness". Yes 'cause it's so hard to come up with swearing and immature jokes.

PinkPearl

insert title here
baba_944 said:
That ticked me off that "Robot Chicken" won instead of "Steven Universe" and "Adventure Time". I can't stand what television has become: over-saturated with drama, sex, gore and killing. I want television shows that actually teaches your morals and life lessons. For the kids, sure it's nice to have violence, however, have some episodes that teaches them a lesson. For adult shows, have shows that adults can relate to (there's none of that now as far as I know). Same thing for teens.

"Hall of Egress" and "The Answer" has some fantastic moral (former is up for debate, however I think the latter is more transparent).

"Hall Of Egress": This episodes teaches you to just take your time with whatever problem your facing and tackle it from a strategic standpoint. Finn initially was trying to blaze through the maze instead of stopping and thinking. That failed. Finn tried multiple solutions and they all ended up a failure. That part also proves that not everything you do to fix/alleviate is a success. Finn also showed that it;s OK to give up and try again later. And finally, Bubblegum's quote at the end: "Hurry, Finn. At the seashell's center lies the cornucopia's smallest door". While I can't tackle the quote in it's entirety (I don't know about the seashell part), I can tackle the cornucopia part.

A cornucopia's essentially a horn that houses fruits. And, as you probably have known, fruits are used to represent benefits i.e "fruits of labor" = good/benefits of labor. The smallest door represents a small victory/accomplishment. So basically that portion of the quote is saying that no matter what type of severity the problem is, you can always find pleasure in overcoming the problem, no matter how small or big.

I'm sorry but there's something seriously wrong with television nowadays if "Robot Chicken" beats two highly well-written episodes. I don't see how "Robot Chicken" has so many accolades for its "humor" and "cleverness". Yes 'cause it's so hard to come up with swearing and immature jokes.
I haven't seen the show but I can agree with you somewhat. It's so hard to be interested in anything in comedy lately because it seems like a lot of movies and shows are just made of sexual references and vulgar jokes. It would be nice to see something well-written and witty for once, something that's actually clever, funny, and not "OMG LOOK A PICTURE RESEMBLING GENITALIA omg I'm going to kill myself from laughing!" Of course, humor is subjective, so maybe it's just me...I don't think the outright teaching of morals is necessary all the time, or the deep symbolism, but you have a fair point anyway.

As for Spongebob, it's fresh not to see him win lately. Give other shows a chance to get the awards they might deserve. No Nick cartoon is good enough to win every single year (right? KCAs?).

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar

boo,robot chicken sucks.

me and you both.

baba_944

Moby Dollar
I want to be a video game developer/writer and TV show writer/producer but I'm really nervous now that my show wont stack up with all the "heavy hitters" in the TV/video game industry today.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
BenPaz said:
Honestly Company Picnic wasn't that good. Should've submitted Pineapple Invasion.
That came out way later,

still, Company Picnic is a pretty weak choice. About any other season 9b episode would've been a better option.

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
WHAT!?! Whoever choose Robot Chicken has obviously never seen "Company Picnic", just this episode on it's own knocked out all the other nominees. :P
At least it was nominated, just the fact on it's own makes me happy. ;)

President Squidward said:
They should've picked squid defense :jeje:
you mean the episode in 2013 :jeje:

I'm so pissed off that Robot Chicken won. Is it even that good? It's a hit or miss show at best. Those Adventure Time and Steven Universe episodes were so good and I'd rather them to pick one of them, instead of freaking Robot Chicken. Oh well, at least PPG reboot didn't win.

baba_944 said:

I have to agree mostly what you said but about the bold part.

BoJack Horseman is a type of show that adults can relate to. It deals with depression, consequences of our actions and so many more themes. Whereas Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers and Archer (still need to see more episodes) are really good adult comedies with really good plots. Although yeah, this is a category of animation with less than half hours and all these shows last for half hour but my point stands.

To me, All Robot Chicken seems to be doing is just paroding something to an edgy short. I like edgy but this is all this show is doing from what I've seen and at times it work like SpongeBob or iCarly short, other times it's plain disturbing and uncomfortable like Toy Story 4 or Rugrats one. I checked the category and holy crap, there are 4 nominations of Robot Chicken episodes and four of them are Christmas specials, including this recent one. It's so obvious that Emmy doesn't give a crap for this category at all. sigh.

Back