• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

The "Sandy rarely appears anymore" myth

SpongeBox

Floating Shopping List
Okay, time to debunk a common myth with the show. People claim that after the movie or at least sometime after the movie, Sandy started to rarely appear in the show. This is actually not true at all. In fact, she's made more major appearances (and appearances in general) in every post-movie season than she did in Season 3. She's made the most amount of appearances in Season 8, with 17 episodes, with more than half of those being major appearances. As a reference, took a look at the list of all her appearances: http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Sandy_Cheeks/appearances

To create some discussion here, have you ever noticed about this myth? Did you know Sandy made the most amount of appearances in Season 8? How do you think this myth came to be?

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I would guess that some people say "Sandy doesn't appear as much as she used to" when they really mean "Sandy doesn't appear as much as I'd like her to". Even in pre-movie episodes she was quite sparsely used for a main character, so I don't think it's one of those things you can blame post-movie for.

Maybe the fact that most of her appearances in pre-movie episodes were more memorable makes it feel like she was present more. Texas, Survival of the Idiots, Pre-Hibernation Week, I Had An Accident etc are all fondly remembered and quoted often.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Wow. Didn't realize she was in post movie eps that often. A lot of the time, she has that Scientist Sandy persona on but in a few eps like No Nose Knows and Squid defense, she isn't so much like one at all. It tends to vary here and there.

Cha

I love SBM
I remember reading in my S̶B̶ Experience book that it's hard for the writers to add Sandy in stories because she's such powerful character of course physically and mentally. She could solve the problems of her friends easily. Even in the S̶B̶ Comics she doesn't appear all the time. I don't put pressure on the cast to include her in everything for the reason listed above then. I think Sandy's appearances have greatly improve compared to S7 and lower ones.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
For one thing, I think she appeared less in early post-movie seasons than she has in more recent post-movie seasons. People have been saying "Sandy hasn't been in a lot of episodes since the movie" for years, and I think that's just become the automatic perception that people have because it's been drilled into our heads, even though she's had more appearances recently.

For one thing, I think she appeared less in early post-movie seasons than she has in more recent post-movie seasons. People have been saying "Sandy hasn't been in a lot of episodes since the movie" for years, and I think that's just become the automatic perception that people have because it's been drilled into our heads, even though she's had more appearances recently.
Well, writers stopped focusing on her in season 4-7 (especially 6), then She started appearing more in season 8, then we got 5 appearences from Sandy in season 9 so far.

Back