• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

27a. Prehibernation Week

WiseToday7003

Imitation Krab
This is in my top 15 episodes and I now see this as the most underrated episode of the show.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I dont like this episode the beginning was nice but by the time of the prehibernation week scene Sandy becomes thristy for SpongeBob's blood She basically was trying to kill SpongeBob!

Rating: Bad

Rankings:
Dying For Pie (Golden)
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
Imitation Krabs (Superb)
Squidville (Tolerant)
Squid's Day Off (Tolerant)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bubble Buddy (Polite)
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull)
PreHibernation Week (Bad)
Patty Hype (Sucky)
Wormy (Pathetic)
Grandma's Kisses (Garbage)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got an extreme episode. Yep, it's "Prehibernation Week." This is another one of those episodes with two very distinct parts. We've got the first part of Sandy and SpongeBob getting up to all kinds of extreme behaviors, and then the second part with Sandy trying to find a hidden SpongeBob. And let me just say this structure works very well for this episode, if I do say so myself (and I do). It helps that both sections are pretty equal in terms of entertainment value.

This is a great Sandy episode. We get to learn more about her habits as a squirrel, her love of adventure and thrills, and how much she cares for SpongeBob. It's all a win in my book. SpongeBob is also just really funny in this episode as he acts as the straightman to Sandy's antics.

The beginning of this episode is a great example of rapid fire comedy, cycling between visual and dialogue humor with ease, and getting me every time. SpongeBob's complete lack of understanding of what's going on is just too funny, and that line he has about committing all the time he has outside of what he's already committed to Mr. Krabs is good.

The montage of SpongeBob and Sandy doing increasingly crazy stuff is just great, and I love that we get a fourth wall break with SpongeBob realizing the Pantera music means crazy stuff is about to go down. It's truly a nice touch. I also like that SpongeBob eventually realizes that Sandy is bats***, and decides to get the h out of dodge. Smart sponge, right there. I think one of my favorite parts of the montage is SpongeBob's crazed screaming when they're falling on the bike, it's just so absurd and funny.

Moving on to the second part of the episode, the episode maintains its high quality by providing audiences with lots of good gags. I can think of at least 3 off the top of my head (gold team rules, everyone trying to convince Sandy they've found SpongeBob, "at least I have my personality"), and I know for a fact that there are plenty more. Truly, this episode is just hilarious and such a fun ride. Seeing everyone realize that Sandy is absolutely nuts (pun possibly intended) is just too entertaining.

The ending of this episode is great too, seeing SpongeBob actually stand up for himself, even if Sandy does end up falling asleep. Patrick's famous ending bit is a great stinger to close out the episode as well.

I really enjoy "Prehibernation Week" and have absolutely no qualms with it. It deserves its well-earned spot in my "Amazing" tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

Back