• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

Sweet Victory will be played at the beginning of Nickelodeon's version of the Super Bowl

MainlySpoons

Floating Shopping List
It's nice, but I feel they should have done this when people were actually asking for it instead of like 5 Super Bowls later. The fact that they wouldn't do it then but are willing to do it now in the same style as the many projects releasing kind of just makes this feel like one big ad for the franchise, rather than the love letter to the show that at least I was hoping for.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff

You know what they say, better late than never, but I agree with @MainlySpoons:
It's nice, but I feel they should have done this when people were actually asking for it instead of like 5 Super Bowls later. The fact that they wouldn't do it then but are willing to do it now in the same style as the many projects releasing kind of just makes this feel like one big ad for the franchise, rather than the love letter to the show that at least I was hoping for.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
ugh, why the cGI? just do it in 2d.
This to a full extent.

I won't lie, I'm getting tired of Paramount or literally every company utilizing CGI over 2D. While we do get a few decent CGI projects here and there, it's become too much of the norm to the point of complete exhaustion. 2D animation can still be utilized during live events, Cosmo and Wanda at the 2003 KCAs literally proves this.

Also, yeah, I can see the irony of this being a thing The Nostalgia Critic would say.

SpongeVol93

Floating Shopping List
Haven't seen a news item about it but there's a Super Bowl special airing at 7pm tonight. It looks to be in 2D but not in the same high quality that normal SpongeBob episodes are (probably like the Patchy Holiday Stream special).

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
Well I mean the only issue I have is COULD THEY PLEASE HAVE MUTED THE PLAYER CLIPS and give us more animation?

Back