Third SpongeBob movie “a good bet”

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
With The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water significantly outperforming industry projections on its opening weekend and currently raking in five times as much overseas than the first movie in comparable markets, Paramount is already expressing interest in a third big screen instalment for SpongeBob.

While not committing to a sequel Sunday, [Meghan Collison, president of worldwide distribution and marketing at Paramount ] called it “a good bet,” and said that Nickelodeon deserves a lot of credit for how it has managed the SpongeBob brand.
(The Wrap.)

"In the U.S., the movie definitely has multigenerational appeal. It did a lot of business at night. And overseas, you can see how much the brand has grown," said Paramount vice chairman Rob Moore. "Hopefully, it won't take 10 years to make another film.”
(Hollywood Reporter.)

The Drifter

Some person.
Nickelodeon/Paramount executives right now:
uxt8EfMl.jpg

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
my reaction to this is. :clapping: :yes: :hehe: :thumbsup: :thumb1: :yahoo: :fun: :bandgeek: :whoo: :withasmile: :squilliam2:
yes there needs to be a third movie but i don't want to wait ten or so years.but who knows?we might not get one we don't know :dunno: but who is to say there will be one? :dunno:
only time will tell.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
My reaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIomZQyymAY

This guarantees that the series will be going at least a few more years.

And the 2nd movie doing amazingly is just another reason for Nick not to cancel the show. :)

Professor Patrick

"Why must every 11 minutes of my life be filled wi
I KNEW THIS MOVIE WAS GONNA DO AMAZING! I'm so exited that a 3rd movie might be happening!

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
I'm honestly quite excited. They didn't speculate how long until they actually start, for all we know is that it won't take 10 years. My best bet is about 5 or so years. It won't seem like fishing for money if that's the case. I still have yet to see Sponge Out of Water.. Didn't get to over the weekend because of Post-Midterm laziness.

WhoWantsStancakes

Ugh, why? They should just end SpongeBob after another season or two.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Is SpongeBob going to start making a lot of unnecessary movies like The Land Before Time???

I think I might have to use Philip's quote again.
PhilipB said:
kill
me
NOW

TheKrabbyPattyBurgler

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Well, thinking about it logically here and through the perspective of Paramount and Nickelodeon, Spongebob is the only thing that really is keeping the network going (that and TMNT). Each franchise earns about a billion or so dollars a year off of merchandise alone and with the current gross that Sponge Out of Water has standing currently at around 84 million worldwide (which is basically how much the first movie made during it's whole run here in the US), SpongeBob will make at least 10 billion this year because of Sponge Out of Water and it's merchandise. Through the minds of Paramount and Nickelodeon execs, more SpongeBob means more profit and that's why you've never seen them downsize their SpongeBob quota, not even when the ratings were going down in 2012 which caused the SB profit to go from billions to millions. Basically, they see that SpongeBob is what makes them the largest profit and they don't think that cartoons like FOP or Sanjay and Craig are even going to earn that much profit. That's why they're going to end up making a third movie, because it showed that SpongeBob equals profit for both companies and their parent company Viacom. This not only explains why they're going to end up making a third movie, but it also explains why the show is still going and will likely still keep going til Tom Kenny or someone important to the show meets their demise. I mean, I liked SOOW a whole ::dolphin noise:: lot, so much so that I saw it two times, and I'm excited for what the show can bring with the old crew finally back but opening weekend for SOOW made a lot of things clear to me. Even if SpongeBob ever ends, it'll continue to rank in the dough from merchandising and other outlets because it's SpongeBob and it's not only the longest running Nicktoon ever, but it's also something that generations in the past, present and in the future are going to watch for years to come. Even if it does end, they'll probably just end up making a cheap flash based spin off that'll rank in the dough. Basically, SB is like Scooby Doo (well somewhat) in terms of that'll rank in the money and make new series and movies because it's a generational type of thing and Nickelodeon are going to embrace that for however long they can. A third Spongebob movie is going to happen because of that.

Supmandude

Squog
Yay! I hope they find a way to avoid another hiatus if they do it anytime soon, but this is gonna be awesome! :) I hope they can come up with a good story, though. The Krabby Patty formula and them coming to land were elements I think worked well twice, not sure if they can work a third time without feeling stale.

Is SpongeBob going to start making a lot of unnecessary movies like The Land Before Time???

I think I might have to use Philip's quote again.

How can you jumpy to comparing it to Land Before Time after 3 films? Land Before Time had like a million. SpongeBob is more comparable to the Back to the Future or original Star Wars trilogies. ;)

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I'd prefer that they just stop with these movies and go back to doing full episodes again.

Just shows that Nick/Paramount/Viacom are just super conservative with their properties. They just wanna stick with the status quo no matter what happens.

Back