SpongeBob Minimates figures coming soon

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Ahead of their February Toy Fair debut, Diamond Select Toys has revealed a new SpongeBob SquarePants Minimates series. Shown below is the first wave of the new line, which includes most of the main cast and two different Perch Perkins figures.
oAZeYNo.jpg

Via Action Figure Insider:

A Diamond Select Toys release! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? It’s SpongeBob SquarePants, the star of a new Minimates mini-figure line! Based on the long-running hit animated series, the first assortment of two-packs includes SpongeBob with Sandy, Patrick with Squidward, Mr. Krabs with Perch Perkins and a rare, one-per-case box set of Grandpappy Redbeard with an orange Perch Perkins! Yarrr! Each Minimate stands approximately 2 inches tall with multiple points of articulation, and each figure features interchangeable parts and accessories. Packaged on a full-color blister card. Designed by Art Asylum!

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
Nice! Though, I wonder why they are doing Perch Perkins instead of secondary characters like Mrs Puff?

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
Sweet. I don't have any minimates, but I might get these. Never imagined that Diamond Select would do these.

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
i can't wait to get my hands on these i hope that i will find them in wal-mart.they look like really super advanced lego mini figures even though they are not
lego mini figures.not only that i hope we are given more than just those i hope they turn it into a figure series where they make and release every character from the show.from mermaidman to the flying dutchman eveyone from the show.oh i also want their house's released as well.oh man what a toy series that would be.also the restraunts like the krusty krab i want the whole shabang released i'm talkin' everything.from the veyr fisrt few seasons pre movie and then the movie figurines themselves and then the post movie figurines as well all the way to now.and then the second movie figurines as well and then the post second movie figurines as well i'm mean everything the whole shabang.i want it all made and released.

Ethan

Awesome! I hope they come with a bunch of accessories. For example
Sandy- Swapable Karate Gloves
SpongeBob- Jellyfishing Net, Gary, or Spatula
Patrick- Secret Box, Rocky, or Krabby Patty
Squidward- Clarinet and maybe Snellie
Mr. Krabs- Looks like a money bag, but Plankton or Krabby Patty formula would be preferred
Grandpa Redbeard- Treasure Chest
Perch Perkins- Microphone of course
I would love other two-packs as well like-
Mermaid Man and Man Ray
Barnacle Boy and Dirty Bubble
Larry the Lobster and Pearl
Mrs. Puff and Karen
Squilliam and Band Geeks Squidward
DoodleBob and Flying Dutchman
Bubble Bass and Flats
King Neptune and Mindy
Patchy and Potty.
Yep... I would love those.

Ethan

Yep. I would also love to see SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, and Squidward as their I.J.L.S.A. superhero counterparts.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
ToysRUs will be selling an exclusive box set which includes SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and a bonus Plankton figure for $14.99. (Link.)

SpongeBob-SquarePants-Minimates-Series-1--pTRU1-20618457dt.jpg

Also, here are some upcoming SpongeBob and Patrick variants with Glove World hats. (Source.)

zsotFZ4.jpg

Cha

I love SBM
No Squidly this time, okay. :bullshrimp:

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
hbQU9QQ.jpg
Press release (gallery of images below article):

Diamond Select Toys Reteams with Nickelodeon on SpongeBob SquarePants Minimates

Following the successful launch of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles collection, Diamond Select Toys announced today the expansion of its Nickelodeon partnership with the release of a brand-new SpongeBob SquarePants Minimates line. The collection will include SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, Grandpa Redbeard, Perch Perkins and Plankton designed as 2-inch-tall mini-figures with multiple points of articulation and interchangeable parts and accessories.

The long-running animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants, has been a hit for kids and adults since its debut, and is still going strong with new episodes in the works and a hit movie, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, in theaters now.

“Most cartoons come and go, but SpongeBob has truly become an institution,” said Chuck Terceira, President of Diamond Select Toys. “The kids who were raised on him are joining the adults who’ve always loved him, and we’re creating some great toys that are fun for the collectors, as well as for the kids who are just meeting him for the first time. We’ve definitely had fun adapting the Minimates block figure style to crabs and squid and starfish!”

The first assortment of SpongeBob SquarePants Minimates will be available starting this week at comic book shops, specialty stores and Toys“R”Us.

RJ Marshall

I LOVE Perch Perkins! It's cool they're doing him in 'both' of his suits. I gotta get these!

Yes, I agree with those who think Plankton, Mrs. Puff, and Gary should round out the set. (You could go all the way and include Pearl and Karen, too.)

Back