SpongeBob and Plankton cameo in new McDonald's campaign

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
As part of an effort to reignite their "I'm lovin' it" tagline, McDonald's has released a short animated video titled "Archenemies", which shows fictional enemies taking part in various friendly activities.

Watch SpongeBob and Plankton blow heart-shaped bubbles together in the clip below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShRCWOtNJ4

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
G4ry the snail said:
Supprised it wasn't Krabs and Plankton.
Yeah, I was expecting that to happen.

This actually looks like that one Oreo Wonderfilled commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1-qbHbuNBU

Kind of rips off from that commercial too. :bullshrimp: Oh well. I still like how sweet the commercial is. I wonder if this means new Sponge Out of Water Happy Meal toys from McDonalds then.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
This is weird, since I just had McDonald's last night. I should go to McDonald's more often and see if a new SpongeBob related ad comes out the next day...

Sweat

Banished
Meh. It's kind off-putting for them to be there, especially considering they have teamed up quite a few time in the show, until KRABS and Plankton which have a very infamous enemyship with only teaming up maybe once of twice in the show's history.

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
I like it.

I'll bet that this is my friends' reactions:
OHMCDONALDSHJASSHITFOODTHATCOMMERCIALDOESN'TSAVEITTHATSUCKSJKIOPFDJK;SLDFJIOSD;FJIOSRULSEF089R,UJZDSOI;FUISDA[G8HSGJIOJSDLKHGIDOSJFSD;LKFKOpxdzFKG,XKGSDOPZGKM,SDZGKSD
Anyway... It's a good commercial.

Old Man Leeroy Jenkins said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1-qbHbuNBU
Also, is that Owl City?

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
imrustyokay said:
I like it.

I'll bet that this is my friends' reactions:
OHMCDONALDSHJAS::dolphin noise::FOODTHATCOMMERCIALDOESN'TSAVEITTHATSUCKSJKIOPFDJK;SLDFJIOSD;FJIOSRULSEF089R,UJZDSOI;FUISDA[G8HSGJIOJSDLKHGIDOSJFSD;LKFKOpxdzFKG,XKGSDOPZGKM,SDZGKSD
Anyway... It's a good commercial.

Also, is that Owl City?
Congrats! You broke the spoilers!

More

VIP
Since when were Plankton and SpongeBob actually enemies?

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I know that SpongeBob and Plankton are technically only enemies through Mr. Krabs but I don't think it matters for the purpose of this video. SpongeBob is the show's main character, Plankton is the main antagonist ... close enough. :P

Krabs and Plankton wouldn't have had much impact because it's SpongeBob who is the iconic and recognizable character.

Yece

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I saw the commercial from the Grumpy Cat Facebook page. I really adored it, especially the end when Grumpy smirks :xP:. The style is quite charming, considering it's been produced for Mcdonalds.

I like how SpongeBob's freckles are stylized in straight lines.

This makes me love Mcdonalds all the more. I don't care what rumors go around and the haters' influence. I go to Mcdonalds constantly to save a buck. Their food is addicting. Through all that, I maintain spectacular health. Unnecessary rabble, but I had to let that out, lol.

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
Some people are calling the commercial stupid because the enimies are friends in this commercial and they should be enimies.

I don't care tho.

Back